The Geological Society of Greece and the Dep. of Mineral Resources Engineering, Technical University of Crete organize the 13th International Congress of the Geological Society of Greece with the title:
"Exploration & Exploitation of Mineral Resources"
The congress will be held in the facilities of Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania (MAICh), Crete, Greece, from Thursday 5th of September to Sunday 8th of September 2013.
Under the current global financial circumstances, the contribution of the primary production to the economic development of each country is crucial. Exploration and exploitation of mineral resources should and have to contribute towards this direction. The 13th Congress of the Geological Society of Greece (G.S.G.) aims to bridge the basic with the applied research in the domain of Geosciences.
The 13th G.S.G. congress will have the topics (not limited to):
- Exploration and exploitation of Mineral Resources
- Industrial Minerals and Rocks
- Geosciences in Education
- Geosites - Geoparks
- Geophysics - Seismology
- Geochemistry - Biogeochemistry
- Energy Resources
- Marine Geology
- Ore Geology - Economic Geology
- Mining Technology
- Environmental Geology
- Petrology - Mineralogy
- Stratigraphy - Palaeontology
- Tectonics - Geodynamics
- Engineering Geology - Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydrology - Hydrogeology
- Natural Hazards
- Remote Sensing - GIS
The official language of the congress is English. Instructions regarding the format and the submission of papers can be found in the Instructions section.
- Foundation for Research &Technology – Hellas
- Institute of Geology & Mineral Exploration (Branch of Crete)
- Natural History Museum of Crete
- Technological Educational Institute of Crete (Branch of Chania)
- Prefecture of Crete, Regional Union of Chania
- Organization for the Development of W. Crete (OADYK)
Abstract submission: 24/11/2012
Full Paper Submission:
31/3/2013 (Final Extension)